Friday 1 July 2016

I wished for a Happy ending



In the Beginning, I met you, albeit reluctantly. 
Dislike – My first feeling. You're privileged, was my perception. 
I'm Street, I say, Never met privilege I didn't bully. 
Surprise, You were steel, encased in flighty velvet, was my realization 
Quickly, I liked. Very much. My re-orientation, very rapid. 
Who would want to bully that? I am definitely not rabid. 
My bleak cynical curtain of Loneliness, in the face of love's brightness, began to part, 
Hope was at last shining through it. Alas, my heart wasn't after all, an Icebox. 
My renowned empire of cynicism fell apart faster than the North under the Starks. 
Jade used to be my Moniker because previously, I disengaged faster than detox. 
The depth of feeling this time would put paid to that, I felt. 
Mush was creeping in on me, like Curry, just before shooting threes, 
Telling me, it's time to let go and really feel, or so I felt. 
It looked like time to man up, to let go of the meaningless freebies. 

And so, I felt. I opened up. I loved. I mean, What was there to not love? 
The witty conversations, becoming my movie buddy, the epic Friday nights, 
The silly things began to matter. Misgivings over Val's day began to devolve. 
The camaraderie I felt when you chugged down your first cold glass that night, 
Sharing a beer took on a whole different meaning. Now I was home. 
Like Lebron, I might finally be winning a championship in my home. 
I was giddy. Expressively, 'tell-everybody' giddy. 
The feeling was unfamiliar. Happiness filled my heart to bursting. 
See this happiness ehn, its sneaky. It trickily glossed over everything, 
Selling me a building with a structure so dodgy. 

Much Like the Trojans, I refused to look my gift horse in the mouth, 
Disregarded the psychological incompatibility. What was it worth? 
Ignored the apparent sexual imbalance even though it was innocence versus experience. 
Until the inevitable doubts surfaced. Intellectual lack of parity made felt its presence. 
And while my excitement dimmed, your contentment increased. 
The little things became big burdens to execute, or so I deduced. 
Your fully bloomed joy became sticky vines round my neck, choking me. 
While my disengagement took root, your confusion was germinating. 
'How can you not love anymore? Our compatibility seems so true. 
I don’t want this to happen. I wouldn’t know what else to do. 
Why would you want to leave when it feels so good to tarry? 
Or has staying in love become too big a burden for you to carry?' 

My lady, I am but helpless. We saw forever, but Fate saw temporary. 
Thought it wouldn't happen, but She can be finicky about a prophecy. 
How did the feeling exit me so fast? Perhaps I'm jaded and Nature is right. 
If so, If my name is indeed Jade, the future really doesn’t look so bright. 
So, 'What next now?' You ask. 'What are we to do?' 
It's the end, my friend, I loved you, but I'm leaving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment